View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014   #210
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Are we rebuilding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I'm not sure where the two of you are disagreeing with my statement.

I'm not talking about some slow three year rebuild.

I'm talking about shedding the dead weight right now and taking our lumps for one season. Instead of dragging this out into a multi-year rebuild, let's try to get rid of anyone who isn't part of the long term plan and start bringing in guys who are. Will we suck next year? Yeah, probably. But let's get the foundation built right now so we can start to have some continued success around here.
I'm not really disagreeing but I see now that it looks like I was. I'm not very eloquent.

When the Texans started out I expected a slow 5 year progression. 2-14, 4-12, 6-10, 8-8, winning record. I was pretty close until they bombed out. I expected the same when Kubiak took over. I just don't care about what happens next year - new system, lots of rookies including HC and possibly QB... I can about year 2. If we aren't competing for the division and/or a playoff spot still in week 15/16 then fire everyone and start over. My patience meter is toast.