View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014   #209
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Are we rebuilding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
I was kinda young during the capers era so I didn't follow player to player but IMO how many pro bowlers does not mean what type of team u have... what I meant did the capers era payers have the potential to be great if givin more time or heck stuck with capers for 8 years ..???
It would help if you wrote more clearly.

If what you're asking is if there was talent on the team that would have matured into a great team if Capers had been given more time, the answer is no. What Cak was referring to in the quote you had was that the core players that had given Capers' team a chance were all old and/or broken down. That team had gone as far as it was going to go and no matter who the coach/gm was, they were going to have to infuse the team with new talent almost from top to bottom and that was going to take a couple of years, no matter what happened or who your coach was.

Casserly had drafted so poorly outside of the first round (and even in the first round) that the team had almost no young players being developed.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote