Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014   #2939
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98526 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post
Untrue. I believed Manziel could do it, but I was not convinced. His play during the LSU & Missouri games really made me doubt. I was excited after the Duke game, but I was not convinced he would put in the time and effort to prove himself as not only a phenomenal college QB but a capable pocket and under center QB. Manziel showed all of those things and more today. There is zero doubt in my mind he deserves to go #1. No one in the NFL is a guarantee but combine what Manziel did today with his leadership and intangibles, and you have the makings of a potentially great NFL QB.
And what about his workout today should change your opinion of the LSU and Missouri games? I didn't see a real pass rush out there forcing him to make quicker reads. I didn't see press coverage on his WR's forcing him to make adjustments. I saw a scripted workout. He looked good, but it was a workout. Don't let a two-hour workout change an opinion you developed over watching 2 years of game tape.

- The Immortal Bo