Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014   #2924
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 24667 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Look, first I don't even want a QB drafted in the first so I'm not playing in the Bortles v. Bridgewater v. Manziel squabble.

However, if you're politicking for the number ONE spot in this year's draft, EVERY football move you make MEANS SOMETHING.

You are invited to go to a very respected football camp to learn how the pros do things and then you can't show up at the appointed time. Then you compound that by lying about it to everyone by throwing your roomie under the bus by claiming "he didn't wake me up".

Yeah... it matters when you screw the pooch on so many different levels. He may be a notch above VY but his behavior sure is giving off some serious Ryan Leaf vibes.
Not sure where you got that he put it on someone else. He did the opposite of what you are stating. I also believe the camp was not about how pros do things. He was a counselor/college coach. He wasn't there to learn but to teach but that's irrelevant. You make a committment you follow through. Main point is he didn't blame McCarron for waking him.

Quote:
Manziel said Wednesday the only reason he left camp was because he slept in late and missed a meeting -- nothing more, nothing less. He apologized privately to camp officials for being unable to fulfill his commitment.
Quote:
On Wednesday, Manziel was asked why McCarron did not wake him, and he said it was not the responsibility of his roommate to do so.

"I'm definitely not going to pin it on him," Manziel said. "It's my fault -- 115, 120 percent."
http://espn.go.com/colleges/tamu/sto...l-texas-source

So not really sure how you got that he put it on someone else. As it is most sources say the two of them are actually friends as he talked about their relationship and how they were buddies. He made a mistake, true, but all someone can do is apologize (which he did) and learn from it. Not sure how that comes off Ryan Leaf like who many stated had a poor work ethic and was known for his outbursts. Manziel meanwhile has worked with a QB coach for the past couple of years and took steps to improve on one of the weaker parts of his game which is throwing in the pocket. He showed some of that improvement this past season. That's rather night and day compared to Leaf.

In any case, from what I have seen of the pro-day (haven't seen all 63 throws) it was probably the best of the three QB's talked about. I have to say it was very impressive watching his footwork and his delivery on the deep throws. Still some mechanics to iron out but that is why you have QB coaches on the next level. It's obvious that the kid put in some work this offseason so far.