Thread: Blake Bortles
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014   #1075
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73103 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Blake Bortles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I think talent based vs performance based has more to do with the #1 overall pick . That may be a mistake but most folks are looking for a physical stud who has the ability to dominate . The Texans tried it with Mario at #1 and found it with Watt at #11 .
When you apply a different standard to one pick but not others you get yourself into trouble. This isn't even really a discussion about Clowney for me.

If you draft based on football ability for all other picks why would you ignore that and base your criteria for the most important pick solely on athleticism?

Workout numbers don't tell me squat. I'm not drafting guys to compete in the crossfit games. I'm drafting football players. So the tape of them playing football is what I will use to make my selection.

If that means that every once in a while a stud athlete sneaks past me then fine. The teams that covet athleticism over all else are usually the teams that are consistently picking at the top.
bah007 is online now   Reply With Quote