Thread: Blake Bortles
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014   #1067
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Blake Bortles

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I can't make a decision on such a small sample of information. I don't really care what his 40 is as long as it confirms his speed in pads, and sacks aren't the only measure of football ability. I'd have to see his tape.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
He has a 30 inch vertical , 21 reps and a 9.5 Broad jump to go along with that 19 sacks and 5 flat forty .
And? These are just numbers. Refer to bolded above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
That's not the point . The point is are you going to settle for a lesser prospect or are you betting on the best prospect . There is no guarantee with any of them so go big or go home at #1 .

The safest pick , IMO , is Matthews because he can play somewhere on the OL .
Lesser prospect is determined by what exactly? Ability to play football? Or workout numbers in a controlled environment with no pads on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
How the flying squirrel is actual play not part of how good a prospect someone is?
You got me. This kind of logic goes straight over my head.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote