View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014   #43
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 36501 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub named starter in Oakland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Meh, I don't hate Schaub as many do. That said, it was certainly time for him to move on. I wish him good luck. A change of scenery may serve him well.

At the same time I'm more concerned about our Texans. Schaub was done here. He was like a golfer that gets the "yips"..

And the fact that the Texans got a draft choice, albeit a late draft choice for him is awesome considering they would cut him in June and get NADA for him!
I'm with you here Bill. He put in some very good years in Houston - and time will tell whether he has anything left in the tank.

It will be interesting to see how he does in Oakland, after an offseason of learning a new system. Obviously the coaching staff over there have plans/a belief in him getting the job done.

It was just one of those times where someone's natural stay had come to an end. It is sort of like a Peyton in Indy ending for me. The team did not view the player as the future, and the player wanted another chance to prove their worth in the league. It should be an amicable ending to his tenure in Houston and a fresh start for both parties.