View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014   #223
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 199937 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: O’Brien Explains What Type Of Quarterback He Wants

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I think O'Brien is doing this the way it should be done. He's "kicking the tires" on every prospect he can to see who fits what he wants to do with this offense.

Size, scrambling ability, pure arm strength, and all those other Oooh, Aaaah things are not as high on his list as football smarts, passing accuracy, and work ethic.

Just maybe he thinks he's got as good a guy on this roster as there is in this draft. And that guy is already used to NFL speed. That guy has already seen NFL coverages. And by "good" I mean NFL ready.

Perhaps this year may just be between "Fitzy" (anyone else notice that O'Brien gave him a nickname already), Keenum, and Yates. The new boy - no matter what round he's picked - might just have to watch this season. ...unless he's a real quick study.
This is where I'm putting my bets.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote