View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston sports talk radio. 610 v. 790

I like The Blitz on 97.5 FM. Those two dudes are constantly cracking me up, and even amuse me when they are not talking about sports. Heck, they even make it entertaining to hear about sports that I'm not interested in. I know their style is not for everyone, but it works for me.

Behind that, I enjoy the N.D. Kalu/Greg Koch. I get what some folks don't like about Koch, but that's kind of his appeal to me. He's rough around the edges and very unpolished, so you often get a perspective that comes from the gut and has not been cleared by corporate.

I like Charlie P. He's dry, but dude rarely puts up with idiot calls. I cannot take too much of his baseball talk, though. He's a purist and I'm a hater. MLB could cease to exist and I would simply not care.

The Seth Payne show is fun. He's another unpolished athlete, often wondering out loud if he's in over his head. You get a good perspective of both pro football and insight into the early years of the Texans. I could hang out with that guy. He just seems real and not full of himself.

Lastly is Teddy "3 Rings" Johnson. I see that he's joined Rich and Sean Pendergast, which could be an interesting dynamic. I think Pendergast is quickly becoming a favorite for me. I remember his epic calls in Jim Rome's Smack Off over the years, but never got to hear him on 1560 because of their weak-assed signal. Now that I get to hear him regularly, he really shows a depth in intelligence, witty comments, and some just funny insight that has been really enjoyable.

As far as those I don't like, Josh Penis is gone!! Yay! Now if they could just jettison that Nick Wright doofus. I'm not a big fan of Lopez, but he's bearable, I guess. But add him with Wright, and I'd rather listen to white noise than waste any time getting aggravated with their blather.