View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014   #17
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142254 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mark Cuban: NFL too Greedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Because the majority of the slate of football games are played on Sundays and they need a week between games for rest. 3 days rest between a Sunday game and a Thursday game is not enough IMO.

Other sports play everyday of the week because MLB has a 162 game schedule and the NBA has 82 games. I have no idea about hockey.

Friday = High School Football
Saturday = College Football
Sunday = NFL
The players absolutely hate Thursday night games because they don't get a chance to rest and recover from their previous game. It's not healthy, and belies the truth that Goodell's concern for safety in the league is a sham. To me, it's mere cash grab by Goodell, and Cuban is probably more right about this than he is wrong. There is a point of over-saturation that can degrade the product. Thursday night doesn't get good matchups, but CBS was willing to shovel money towards the NFL anyway.

Watch as Goodell tries to push the EU market more...I suspect that will be the beginning of the bubble bursting.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote