View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014   #25
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 267323 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jim Kelly announces that he has cancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
Yea I have heard many say that, and you can hear it when he did interviews. Is there are discussion as what caused the cancer? Was he a tobacco user after the NFL, or just runs in the family. Upper Jaw cancer seems like a rare thing, but then I do not really know. I hope he beats it!
Kelly was NOT a tobacco user and he was NOT a drinker. With a non-smoking and non-drinking history, the most likely source would be a history of oral sex somewhere in his past with someone infected with human papilloma virus [HPV] ala Michael Douglas (the latency period of this process......time of exposure to time of developing cancer usually runs ~30-40 years.......). To understand Kelly's cancer and its course, prognosis and relationship to HPV, you may want to review my previous posts (ranging from #1-#14) in this thread. Scarey...... but, just like HPV-to-female cervical cancer connection, today a very well-established pathologic HPV infection-to-cancer relationship.

Last edited by CloakNNNdagger; 03-25-2014 at 01:32 PM.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote