View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014   #188
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Are we rebuilding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
We need a starting QB. On that point alone, I can understand the "rebuilding" label. But like you, I don't think it's a rebuild.
Its not a total rebuild but with so many needs up and down the roster and questions about the health of guy's we expect to start (Foster & Cushing) it sure seems like a rebuild to me.

A couple people mentioned in the other thread (rank team needs) that we need ~20 players , be they starters or depth. I tend to agree with that assessment. That's ~40% of the roster.

Because the Texans have "star power" at multiple positions I don't believe they need to land more of the same , what they need is guys who fit their system that are average to better than average NFL players. They need to replace guys like Derek Newton who is below average to .... bad.

You look at the defensive line and realize they have Watt , Crick & Powe .... and that's it. One of those is a proven starter , the other two backups.

At ILB we have Cushing coming off injury and .... Nodda.

OLB Reed and Mercilus are capable but behind them is very questionable talent , aren't they all UDFA's ?? (Tuggle & I forget the other guys name).

At Corner KJax played very well last season , JJo was hot and cold , maybe it was the nagging injuries , maybe it wasn't. McCain is a goner and I'm not sold on Harris.

Safety is the only position on the entire defense that I feel confident about going into the season. Everywhere else , they can stand to add (Or must add) talent. The offense is much the same , with the exception being center and possibly TE.

Sure , they have star players up and down the roster but the holes between them are .... as wide as the distance between the stars in the sky.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote