View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014   #97
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81923 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trevardo Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
He might have put on 5-10 Lbs in the yr since we've seen him. At 6'1 245/250 he should be big enough to play ILB. Do you think he can cover RB's/TE's ?

I do worry about his ankle injuries playing ILB. Once you've hurt your same ankle more than once it's never the same. I know this from personal experience.
Athletically he should be capable of covering RB's/TE's but doesn't have a whole lot of experience doing so. However, I think his skill set is better suited for edge rushing than for taking on blocks in the middle. I don't know why you would draft a guy with that kind of pass rush ability and move him inside.

Brooks Reed is the guy who should move inside. Williams had more TFL and sacks in his last 2 years of college than Reed had in his entire career. Williams is more explosive and, despite Reed's size advantage, they have the same arm length. Williams brings more to the table as an edge rusher and Reed's bulk would be a better fit for the pounding it will take at ILB.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote