View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014   #1235
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans hire Bill O'Brien as HC

Bill O’Brien: Texans will draft a QB, we don’t know which round
Quote:
“I don’t think there’s any question that we’ll draft a quarterback in the draft,” O’Brien said. “Where we draft that quarterback, I don’t think we know yet. We don’t even know that yet. We’re still in the process of studying all these prospects, in the process of putting a grade on them and place them where they would be in the draft. The big thing is it’s such a long process. We’re in the stage now where we go to the Pro Days and eventually we bring them into our facility for an interview, we call it an on-campus interview in Houston. As we get closer and closer we’ll obviously be able to make a decision.”

O’Brien hinted that Central Florida’s Blake Bortles, Louisville’s Teddy Bridgewater and Texas A&M’s Johnny Manziel aren’t necessarily the quarterbacks he’s watching.

“There’s not a lot of separation, and there are more quarterbacks than just three. Obviously, the three guys that everybody talks about, Blake, Teddy and Johnny, those guys are good players. Thy had great college careers. But there are other guys out there,” O’Brien said.

“You’ve got McCarron, you’ve got Mettenberger, you’ve got Logan Thomas, you’ve got Savage, you’ve got Garoppolo. I mean, I could go right down the list. To me, you’ve got 10 or 12 guys you’ve got to do a great job of evaluating and make the best pick possible where ever you draft these guys. I see a lot of good quarterbacks,” O’Brien said.
From comments:
Quote:
renhoekk2 says:
Mar 24, 2014 9:48 AM
To have seen what Bill O’Brien did with Matt McGloin at PSU was remarkable. The difference in his play in just one year with O’Brien was amazing. He should get half of McGloin’s paycheck, because he go him an NFL job. There is no way McGloin ever starts an NFL game if O’Brien does not show up in State College. He also did a great job with a true freshman last season. If I’m a Texan’s fan I’m stoked to see what he can do with a more talented QB. Trust me, he doesn’t need to take a guy at #1 to have a capable NFL starting QB that they can win with.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote