Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014   #2747
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 220696 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: ESPN's Merrill Hodge says Manziel has "Bust" written all over him

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I try not to "blame" these kids for the offenses they're put in. It's not like the coaches bring their QBs in & say, "I think you're smart enough to run a full pro-style offense, we're going to run the Erhardt-Perkins offense." Or, I like your instincts & quick reaction, we're going to run Bill Walsh's WCO."

Spread coaches are going to run the spread, & it bears no meaning to the capabilities of the player.

There may very well not have been a third read. Still, over 70% of his big plays were made from the pocket, within the confines of the system. Tells me he's coachable, & that stuff he does outside the pocket... you couldn't teach that if you tried. It's natural to him. Like breathing.
You make a good point , we really don't know what Manziel is asked to do as far as reads in that offense. Keenum was very good in it @ UH but really seems to struggle past a second read , but like Manziel has good vision once he breaks the pocket.

Really makes you think about his transition to the NFL ....

I Miss Good Schaub.