Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2014   #2745
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: ESPN's Merrill Hodge says Manziel has "Bust" written all over him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
He hasn't gotten to the point where he's routinely making 3-4 reads and looking for a check down .... but with his vision , I don't see why he cant take that next step. I really believe with the right coach this cat can be one of the games best.
I try not to "blame" these kids for the offenses they're put in. It's not like the coaches bring their QBs in & say, "I think you're smart enough to run a full pro-style offense, we're going to run the Erhardt-Perkins offense." Or, I like your instincts & quick reaction, we're going to run Bill Walsh's WCO."

Spread coaches are going to run the spread, & it bears no meaning to the capabilities of the player.

There may very well not have been a third read. Still, over 70% of his big plays were made from the pocket, within the confines of the system. Tells me he's coachable, & that stuff he does outside the pocket... you couldn't teach that if you tried. It's natural to him. Like breathing.