Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2014   #2744
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: ESPN's Merrill Hodge says Manziel has "Bust" written all over him

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Hoge is a tool who has a propensity for making stupid statements.

But he is right about Manziel's pocket awareness. The kid consistently bails for no reason. Regardless of his arm talent he is still a run first QB. That's his mentality.
I don't think that's quite fair or truthful.

What I see is a guy who goes thru the first two reads and then looks to get gone. If those first two reads aren't there .... he's getting out of the pocket.

That isn't all bad because he does have great downfield vision on the run and when he breaks the pocket it puts pressure on the defense , someone who is in coverage is going to have to step up or he has the ability to make them pay.

He hasn't gotten to the point where he's routinely making 3-4 reads and looking for a check down .... but with his vision , I don't see why he cant take that next step. I really believe with the right coach this cat can be one of the games best.

Right now I'm "leaning" Manziel over Bortles & Bridgewater (In that order). I really want to see what he does at his pro day. The other two definitely didn't help themselves there.

I Miss Good Schaub.