View Single Post
Old 03-23-2014   #59
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34365 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Matt Schaub appreciation thread

As a guy that liked Schaub more than most others here on the forum - it is pretty difficult to appreciate him right now. He was better than many people gave him credit for, he even had one exceptional season. But he was lacking two things: he was not a winner (a guy that plays best when the game is on the line) and he was not a great competitor (a guy that gives his all when things get tough). Sure, we could`ve won a superbowl with him - but I don`t believe we could`ve won because of him. He can be a great QB when things are going our way and he doesn`t have to force it - but he can`t be the one taking the team on his back.

In the end the Schaub years were frustrating. We made the playoffs and our first playoff win with Yates and Schaub never took it to the next level. Even worse, he completely imploded last season. I almost had the feeling he is a guy that knew, the he will never be great, so he just did his job - and not a guy that would do everything to be great.

I appreciate some of the stuff he did - and I have several nice memories. But right now, I can`t really appreciate Schaub. Too many frustrations are in the way of that. Maybe I can appreciate him more someday...
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote