View Single Post
Old 03-23-2014   #224
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 80286 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick visiting Texans (signs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
With Schaub we would have committed $14.5M towards the 2014 cap for the "veteran QB" position. At least $7M for 2015.

With Fitzpatrick we have $13.35M (or something like that) committed towards the "veteran QB" position..... $4.6M for 2015 at most.

Net savings about $3.5M
I have a question that I can't answer. We are obligated for the $10.5M of signing bonus money we gave Schaub and it shows up in our Dead Money for this season.

Why doesn't Fitzpatricks $1.25M signing bonus with the Raiders show up against their cap instead of ours? They signed him. We didn't. The rest I understand.

Since the $4M guarantee equals his $1.25M signing bonus, his $1.75M salary and $1M Roster Bonus, it could mean we are only obligated to him for one season at $2.75M and the details just haven't been explained. This would give us essentially a free option for Fitzpatrick for $3.25M in 2015.

Something is amiss with including the signing bonus as a Texans obligation.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote