View Single Post
Old 08-23-2004   #29
Doug
All Pro

I'm just going to throw something out here but it's just my opinion. First off I think everyone needs to take a deep breath and calm down (except for the people that aren't worked up). I won't get a chance to watch the game till I get home from work today (Thank god for the nfl network!). What I've heard from my friends in Houston is that the Texans came out stinking it up a bit but got rolling just before the first team got taken out. Now if this had been a reg season game, the first team would've been in the whole game which in any other case could've accomplished making up for the previous mistakes. There is no scouting, game plan, etc. This is the preseason. These are the mistakes you're supposed to make now to learn from for future reference. There's not a doubt in my mind, had this been a reg season game our boys possibly would've bounced back and either won the game or made it an extremely close loss. I think it was a darn good learning experience for our rookies. You can't place too much emphasis on the preseason. After all, when it comes down to it the preseason is a series of PRACTICE GAMES. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but an instance is the Arizona Cardinals. I think they went 4-0 in preseason last year and look at their reg season record. I personally feel at this point and time you need to look at your mistakes, correct them and move on. It's definitely not a time for pointing fingers halfway into preseason (especially us as fans) when we take a loss regadless of how badly. Let's be positive people!!!!!!!
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote