View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014   #19
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick visiting Texans (signs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
No.. Fitzpatrick is not even a Chinese knock off of Matt Schaub. No question in my mind that the Texans got better when Matt Schaub was traded and Ryan Fitzpatrick was signed. I mean who in their right mind couldn't see that?

The O'Brien/Fitzpatrick running of the bulls is about to run roughshod over the rest of the league!
I think Schaub when healthy is clearly the better QB .... thing is , he hasn't been healthy for quite a while & his injuries get worse with use , not better. He was far from their only problem last season , they have a lot of work to do in rebuilding this roster. They do have a good foundation to build from tho , something other teams with similar records don't have as far as star power goes.

Fitzpatrick is nothing more than a caretaker of the position until the new regime's QB , who they will draft in rounds 1-3 is ready to take over the reins.

Did they get better ? Probably not .... but they didn't get any worse and shed themselves of the contract , saved $3.9m and change in the process.

I wish Schaub the best & hope he has another probowl season , don't even care if he beats the Texans as their record this coming season is of little consequence. Get your rookie head coach & rookie QB some on the job training and we'll see you in the 2015 playoffs.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote