View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014   #203
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 260728 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick visiting Texans (signs)

Fitzpatrick
Quote:
"We got into some of the X's and O's a little bit, just talking about the basics of the system and what they ask of their quarterback and all that stuff," Fitzpatrick said in a 1-on-1 interview on Friday. "For me, it was a very exciting thing to see the demands that they put on a quarterback and all the different ways that they attack defenses and their scheme and what they're trying to do."

"I walked away so impressed by his knowledge and passion of the game," Fitzpatrick said. "That's the thing that got me most excited."

"If there's one thing that I'm good at, it's picking up a new system," Fitzpatrick said. "But I'm looking forward to that: the challenge of learning it."

"I'm really excited about fully jumping into this stuff and really learning it together as an offensive unit and going from there," Fitzpatrick said. "I really enjoy the x's and o's part of the game, and all the preparation that goes into a game."
Quote:
According to Fitzpatrick, the quarterback in O'Brien's system must be able to "process information quickly", and the Harvard grad will be called upon to do that, whether he's a starter this season or a backup. Offseason workouts begin on April 7, and OTA's will start in the middle of May.