View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014   #7
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Matt Schaub appreciation thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Like many, I generally think of Schaub as pre-injury and post-injury. But that stretch of 11-1 was Schaub at his best, and that was post-injury.
I think there are a couple of things at play there. First, CnD said that with that sort of injury, it would get worse the more he used it. So it was expected for him to start strong and then finish weak.

Second, prior to the injury (and prior to him getting weaker as the season went on), you blitzed Schaub at your own risk. He was great against the blitz. But as his wheels started to go, he started reacting really bad to pressure. He started getting wild and inaccurate and making poor decisions. I think it took a while for defensive coordinators to recognize that. But once they did, they went after him and got him to crack.

I expect Schaub to start the season pretty good for the Raiders but I expect him to start to come apart about 4 games in.

Quote:
Which leads me to a game that I can't leave out:

- September 23rd, 2012: The media will only commemorate this as the game that Schaub lost a piece of his ear, but Texans fans know it was more significant than that. This game may have been Schaub's finest performance. He was fearless when stepping up in the pocket, and his throws were focused and accurate. This is the game that had me believing that the Texans were going to blaze a path to the Super Bowl, and they almost did. The play where Mays collides with Schaub is at 4:59 here. What may have been forgotten is that the throw would've been Andre's second touchdown if not for a freak leg whip by Champ Bailey that kicked the ball out of Andre's hands.
That was such an awesome game.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote