View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014   #1
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Rank Team Needs.

The talk in the rebuilding thread got me to thinking about which needs have a higher priority.

I think it starts at QB , but that's pretty obvious. There is a lack of bodies along the defensive line (Watt , Crick & Powe). The OL has some holes too , especially RT and to a lesser extent LG.
Cant forget about ILB and the secondary either. That nickel CB is a starter ....

Here's my list. Obviously some get filled thru the draft but the rest need attention after the draft with bargain FA's , kinda like Mays last year.

QB - Fitzpatrick , Keenum & Yates. I don't see a starter for a contending team.

DE - Watt & .....

CB - That Nickel corner is a starter. Seriously lacking talent behind KJax and JJo.

DT/NT Only one on the roster.

RT - Newton was just bad last year. Harris is gone (for now). Neither of last years rookies contributed and finished the season on IR. The Andrew Gardner project should be over. If you think Quessenberry or B.Williams will contribute the need is less critical.

RB - Tate gone , Foster coming off of an injury riddled season. Had street FA's toting the rock late in the season. If Foster is healthy there isn't much concern for anything but a backup.

ILB - Cushing & who ? Maybe Tuggle contributes ?? Reed moves inside making a hole at OLB ??

WR & TE probably belong on the list. Not much talent behind #80 , Hopkins & Posey when healthy. Graham looks capable & Griffin showed well but neither are traditional blocking TE's.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote