View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014   #166
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183481 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Are we rebuilding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by _King_ View Post
Not Rebuilding.

Find a good QB, and a good OLB and this team is ready to compete.
Put the crack pipe down and step away from the computer.

This team is riddled with holes ... Sure there are some talented players scattered across the roster but ... there are more holes than solid positions.

Lets start on the OL where three of five positions are below average and at least two of them need a talent upgrade in RT and LG. I'm willing to give Brooks a year to prove he belongs. Newton was garbage , Wade Smith is not a starting caliber guard anymore , just a shadow of the former pro bowl player he once was.

Now lets look at the offensive backfield. We have Nothing , absolutely Nothing at QB. Yates , Keenum & Fitzpatrick ....Foster coming off a year where he did diddly squat and sat out half of the season. Ben Tate is now in Cleveland & we still have ... Nothing at QB.

TE- OD gone , Graham is solid & I expect Griffin to make a contribution. Who's that camp body they signed ?! I forget his name.

WR - Behind #80 and Hopkins there aint much talent.

Defensive line , you got Watt and .... who ?! Oh , Jared Crick .... Earl Mitchell is gone , Ninja is gone. Ok , they signed underachiever Jerrell Powe but need 2-3 more guy's capable of making a contribution.

LBers - Cushing , Reed , Mercilus .... and a not much more. Cushing coming off a second season ending injury.

Corners - KJax played well , JJo was hot and cold , injured often. McCain is gone.

Safety is the one position group that doesn't need a major talent infusion as Manning , Swearinger & Keo are at least capable .... as long as Manning is healthy.

Here's the list of holes just to help you understand in simple visual terms:

QB - when QB is at the top of your need list , you aint winning many games.
RT
LG
RB

You could add TE & WR to the list of needs.

DT/NT
DE
ILB
CB

Notice thee positions of need in the front seven .... Sure , you got JJ Watt but you don't have clones to fill those other spots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
We've got a team as talented as the Colts team that went 11-5 after a 2-14 season, & just as much as the Chiefs team that also went 11-5 after a 2-14 season.

Alex Smith~ Ryan Fitzpatrick...

Ok, I'm going to have to work on that.

I wont disagree with the fact that this team is more talented at many positions than that Dolts team .... but they do have more holes and no Andrew Luck to plug into the most important hole.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote