View Single Post
Old 08-23-2004   #28
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
I was out of town again so I didn't see the game. However, did David try to throw any long balls. If he didn't then I quess that's where I would question the coaching staff. You would think this is certainly the time to try that kind of pass at least for practice. It might even cause people to think about the pass even if we don't throw it in the reqular season. Caper's blind spot, if he has one, is the run. The only true back with any possibilities is Davis. From the reports I quess we have to say what happened to the defensive line? Did Mr. Smith show up? Did Wiegert play?
Carr didn't really throw the deep ball, but then again he didn't have much time to with the play of the O-Line. He connected with AJ for a 10 yd pass that AJ turned up field for like 15 or 20 more yards. The first team offense started to look good on the only scoring drive for the Texans. They got to finish off the drive with a field goal early in the 2nd quarter. Weigert did play, and that made the terrible O-Line play even more surprising. The D-Line looked horrible too. So I wouldn't say that Mr. Smith, Mr. Walker, or Mr. Deloach showed up at all. The coaches had Peek and Babin on the outsides, and Sharper and Wong on the inside for this game. The front 7 as a whole didn't play well, and that contributed to the secondary getting torched. I think it was said best when someone compared this game to the horrible one against the Bengals. It wasn't pretty.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote