View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014   #933
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?! - [edit] Mallett?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Okay. So Mallett could still be under consideration as a future starter. I guess I had put Mallett in the "seat warmer" category, thinking that we'd pick a 2015 starter out of this year's QB crop.

So that says that TK's scenario where we turn our 3rd plus the 6th/7th we get for Schaub into Mallett into something plausible. Personally, I'm still thinking Belichick wants that #33 pick and not the 65th pick.
Personally, I think that since we made the moves we have, we won't be pursuing Mallett. To me, it was either Mallett as the guy going forward or a rookie. If we traded for Mallett, we wouldn't be drafting a rookie QB; if we didn't trade for a QB (including Mallett), then we would.

Since we picked a FA QB instead of trading for one, the Mallett deal is off the table and we're probably drafting a QB at some point.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote