View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014   #932
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 273403 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?! - [edit] Mallett?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
I thought what he was saying is that any QB drafted likely won't start until 2015.

Though I wouldn't go that far personally; as things are now I would expect Fitz to start in 2014 -- at least at first -- unless a hypothetical 1.1 drafted at QB absolutely tears it up in camp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Exactly.

Fitz goes into camp the starter but he may not get out of camp the starter. He's just keeping the seat warm until OB feels comfortable that the rookie can handle it. Which could be 8 games in, could be first game.
Okay. So Mallett could still be under consideration as a future starter. I guess I had put Mallett in the "seat warmer" category, thinking that we'd pick a 2015 starter out of this year's QB crop.

So that says that TK's scenario where we turn our 3rd plus the 6th/7th we get for Schaub into Mallett into something plausible. Personally, I'm still thinking Belichick wants that #33 pick and not the 65th pick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I mean Fitz is a stopgap and our intended starter for 2015 and/or an unknown portion of 2014 is not currently on the roster. Therefore IMO none of the possible draft picks or a trade for Mallett are off the table.
Yeah, I'm with you now. Lot's of options still available.

No wonder Thorn woke up.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote