View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014   #122
datchapin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2013 datchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick visiting Texans (signs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Here are the cheapest QBs from last year:

Code:
David Garrard	Jets	$1,000,000
Rex Grossman	Redskins	$960,000
Jon Kitna	Cowboys	$940,000
Dan Orlovsky	Buccaneers	$905,000
Seneca Wallace	Packers	$840,000
Luke McCown	Saints	$840,000
Jimmy Clausen	Panthers	$807,500
Matt Flynn	Packers	$715,000
Brady Quinn	Rams	$715,000
Colt McCoy	49ers	$702,500
Rusty Smith	Titans	$630,000
Joe Webb	Vikings	$508,129
Most of those would be fine for our purposes. They have all started NFL games, and they all cost 25% or less than what we are paying Fitz. If you need a QB with experience to coach up the rookie, then hire a QB coach that has played in the NFL. It's really not that hard. Rick is just pissing away money here, and in salary cap football, every dollar counts.
Maybe my math is trash, but if it's a two year deal with 4 mil. guaranteed that would mean he's getting 2 mil. a yr. how does those QB's salaries work to 25% less than what Fitz will get? If he manages to get the 3.75 with all the bonuses wouldn't that mean he exceeded expectations?

On the list you posted we've already had Grossman and Orlovsky on the Texans so how would they be fine for our purposes? BoB saw something he liked in Fitz otherwise he wouldn't have interviewed him.

It's salary cap football, only the money that counts against the cap counts. If he counts 3.35 mil. against the cap in 2014 I imagine his 2015 cap impact would be much lower.

I can live with this signing.
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote