View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014   #114
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 31892 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick visiting Texans (signs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Agreed with you and Lucky that it isn't a big deal. Not my preference but it is what it is.
I may be biased, but Ryan Fitzpatrick was never given the opportunity to really shine. He's always played for mediocre teams. Fitzpatrick may not be a gunslinger, but he's someone who can start for an NFL team and still win. I wasn't convinced of that when I saw Case. With Case, I saw a QB who couldn't read the blitz and as a result took unnecessary sacks.

Fitzpatrick can get you a win if you don't need him to throw 40+ passes a game. He's a smart player, can make some plays with his legs and avoid unnecessary sacks. I don't think it's a bad signing. At this point, I'd say he's easily the best QB on our roster, which is not saying much, but I believe he's as good fit for whatever system OB wants to put into place. Fitzpatrick is obviously not a long-term solution, but he's a decent starting QB so we can use the draft to fill other needs on the team.