View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014   #111
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick visiting Texans (signs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
My problem is that they just gave him 4 million of our future capspace. I don't mind the player, but what does Fitzpatrick give you that a minimum salary Case Keenum doesn't? Experience? Is that it? You could sign a number of older vets for minimum deals and save ~3.5 million.
I'm not sure who these older vets that are playing for minimum deals are. Names? As to why not just Case, I think Fitz brings in a different dynamic into the meeting room and the practice field. He's seen a lot of things the rookie and Case haven't. That's going to help. And Fitz comes in knowing that he's not going to be the man long term. The rookie will be comfortable coming to him for advice.

And the guaranteed money is $4 million. Not $29 million. $4 million in a $133 million cap is not a huge deal. Especially for a team that has decided not to make a big splash in free agency this year.