View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014   #136
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 295477 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 NFL Draft chatter/rumors/news

TSV: LOWERING THE BARR
Quote:
“But he had ten sacks this year…”

I saw this tweet this week, not just once (and I’m paraphrase-twitter-ing), “Why are people off the Anthony Barr bandwagon?” When I saw a similar tweet on the All-American UCLA OLB more than a couple of times, I did what I always do. I put the film on…
Had Barr declared early in 2012, he probably would’ve gone third over Dion Jordan to Miami in what many thought was a weak draft. But this draft isn’t quite that way. Barr’s athleticism is attractive, but Buffalo’s Khalil Mack has athleticism and nasty and a full complement of “wrecking shop” skills.

South Carolina edge rusher Jadeveon Clowney is freakish and he DID get doubled/chipped most of the season. With three top QBs, a couple of solid prospects at tackle and the aforementioned edge rushing freaks, Barr should fall behind them due to the problems outlined above. If it’s been a little shocking to see Barr’s name take a hit lately, now you know -- if you didn’t already, of course.
UCLA LB Anthony Barr: I'm the perfect NFL draft prospect
Quote:
"I'm not just going to be a guy rushing the quarterback," Barr told Jim Rome on Thursday. "I can drop, I can play the run, and I can play off the ball, on the ball. I'm a smart football player. I can understand the game, the nuances of the game. All those things combine to make me the perfect prospect."

Last edited by Playoffs; 03-20-2014 at 05:26 PM.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote