View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014   #41
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 295477 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Todd McShay on 2014 NFL Draft

Todd McShay ‏@McShay13
Quote:
Cont13... Sorry for novel. The end!

Cont12... I think Bortles is worth top 10 pick but would have hard time taking him over the elite guys: Clowney, Robinson, Mack, Watkins

Cont11... but remember I was a bit higher on Tannehill than most (mid-1st rd grade)

Cont10... Long-short: I think he grades out (for me) just slightly behind Tannehill -

Cont9... But he has above avg arm and accuracy. He has outstanding pocket presence. He has a strong mental makeup, and he has "it" factor.

Cont8... ...he's always going to have to work hard on mechanics to keep ball placement at a high enough level.

Cont7... He is never going to have elite arm strength and...

Cont6... Now- I understand it's just a pro day, so I'm keeping everything in perspective. He's not Andrew Luck- not by a long shot.

Cont5... As result, he's generating more power from lower body to improve ball velocity. And in long run will have more consistent accuracy.

Cont4... Based on what I saw yesterday, he's well on his way towards fixing. And it is coming very naturally to him.

Cont3... Which is step 1. Step 2 is fixing the problem - and making sure it's natural (so it can be sustainable).

Cont2... He has identified issues that we all see on tape (weak base, failing to transfer weight, opening wide to left, falling off throws)

Cont... knows that he is just a minor tweak to lower body mechanic away from putting it all together.

Improved base/balance. Looks like he's finding mechanically sound delivery that works for him. Anyone that knows QB pos and studied his tape

Was just ripping with @LanceZierlein re: QB Bortles. Next few tweets are copied/pasted from what I was writing...
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote