View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014   #149
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 181073 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Are we rebuilding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Who put the team in this position? Who thought these contracts were a good idea?

Rick/Gary/Olson/Wade

Did Gary sign off on the offense contracts/(Schaub,Foster) did Wade sign off on defense? Was this Rick's idea or did Olson have to sign off on everything.

I'm just wondering what your opinion of the orgs financial team is?
Smith & Olson in work in tandem on contracts. Coaches aren't involved in that aspect for the most part. They just say "find me a player with these qualities" or "I think this guy has the skillset to help us win." Its up to Smith to find them , Smith & Olson to work out the contract / cap details.

Honestly I don't fault them for the cap situation last season , nor the current situation.
They had a team they thought could contend for a super bowl , they went all in with that team. Now they have to eat those contracts and clear the books for another shot.
I'd be much more upset if they hadn't gone all in with last years team considering the expectations. Schaub breaking down just wasn't something they could predict after his consistent play over the last several seasons.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote