View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014   #148
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 293364 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Are we rebuilding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
The discussion/debate about Foster's contract is he could've been tendered for $2 million the same year he signed the $8million per yr + contract.
why would you tender him when he'd given you 3 very solid years from 2010 - 2012. He had over 5000 yds and 40+ TDs. Only two other back had 5000 yds over that stretch - Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson - and neither of them had 40+ TDs. Why would you not want to lock up that performance level? That's where the "guessing on future performance" comes in. Maybe I should have said "gambling on future performance" because that's closer to the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
In regards to one person being responsible, that belonged to Kubiak, he's the one who said make it happen and it was up to Smith and Olsen to make it so. That's pretty much SOP and what happens and is carried out starting with the person with final say on the 53 man roster, which Kubiak did have. IMHO I think Bill O'Brien also has FINAL SAY on the 53 man roster although it will be presented as a collaborative collective effort. However, Bob McNair will always have SELECTIVE INTERFERENCE (Ed REED).
I'm thinking that McNair has selectively interfered other times too; the extension of Carr, most likely Schaub's contract (you'll not convince me that Uncle Bob didn't dictate we wrap him up)... Signing Mario... Making A.J. the highest paid WR in the league (at that time). There are probably others we have no insight into.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote