View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014   #129
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 62893 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Are we rebuilding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
I'm pretty sure the moves, or lack thereof, have explained the Texans stance. Take the the hit now, get it over with and start next season clean. Pretty good stance to take I think. While we probably won't be contenders next season it sure paves a brighter future. Then again, WTH do I know?
From my point of the view the Texans lack of moves (so far) have been involuntary due to lack of funds. At this point they really have no other option unless they resort to their old bad habits of mortgaging the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm slow.

Can you tell me what needs to be cleaned off the books? Be specific.
Specifically, the Texans need to manage their salary cap where they begin a new season with enough salary space to either resign their better free agents or replace them with equal or better talent, WITHOUT, I repeat, WITHOUT having to resort to restructuring contracts or spreading Dead Money to the future. As long as the Texans begin each year without enough salary cap to pay the 53 man roster they're at a competitive and financial disadvantage.