View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014   #2129
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
I think the thing is: the smallest things make all the difference in the world. Being able to read the defense 0.5 seconds faster than another guy could be the difference between a bust and a top 10 QB. Being able to stay calm with pressure up your face and still do the right thing is something else like that.

If you look at Bridgewater, you got football intelligence and instincts that are rare in college football. Other QBs like McCarron may also be smart, but they don`t have this high football IQ. Another thing about Bridgewater is his drive. He is a film and playbook nut who is guaranteed to always be the hardest worker. And a third thing would be his pocket presence. He can feel the rush, do little but very effective moves in the pocket and still do the right throw with a 300 pounds guy about to hit him.

People who love Bridgewater believe, that these 3 things are just about the most important things for a QB - and if you look at recent busts, it usually has something to do with either football IQ, his drive or his inability to deal with pressure.

People who don`t like Bridgewater don`t like his size and frame - and maybe some mechanical problems. And they are scared, that his lackluster competition didn`t expose his weaknesses. To me, a guy with his stats (and the extremely low number of INTs and fumbles, great completion percentage and a guy that has had his best games against the best competition is worth a long hard look...

Well presented and thought out. I DO agree but I'm still a bit concerned about TB's stature. Maybe he can put on the weight. I hope he can and maintain it.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote