View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014   #2123
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 205022 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
I'm serious when I say I think there's a problem around weight and/or food for him.

He played last year ~190 lbs. and looked fine to me.
I personally have a problem with the "recent cold" explanation. The problem as I see it comes more likely from another angle.

He actually played last year at ~188. At the NFL Combine he weighed in at 214 pounds........26 pounds heavier. Then at the Pro Day, he's 208.........down 6 pounds from the Combine, but still 20 pounds heavier than last year's playing weight.

So this would be my concern. You know that because of all that was made of his light weight, pre Combine, he would have placed major concentrated effort to increase it.........much more on muscle weight training....and more lax on the aerobics.........and therefore on the conditioning/performance. It may have been a major reason for him not wanting to do anything at the Combine. Now for the Pro Day, the weight training would have to have been at least balanced out in order that it would not adversely affect performance..........performance for only ONE single outing. In adding back in more aerobics training, this could easily have accounted for his weight loss.

Now, during a NFL full season not only must your aerobics training activity be maintained, BUT it will naturally be INCREASED during playing time, not only during practices but especially regular game time.

And this is where I have a major question mark. With this anticipated shift in weight training:aerobics ratio, will Bridgewater be able to maintain the weight required playing in the NFL......and with it his mobility and strength.......and decent durability.

When we think of weight "problems" in new young NFL players, we typically think of players having problems keeping their weight down. However, just as concerning, if not more, is a player who cannot increase and/or maintain his weight at a level required to fulfill his role in the NFL.

As always, time will give us the answers. If holding the weight is a problem, for some fans, the answer cannot come too soon..........while for one team it may come too late.

EDIT: Playoffs pointed out to me that I listed weights incorrectly......I have corrected them accordingly. Thanks, Playoffs! The theory and conclusions remain the same.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote