View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014   #226
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78947 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Texans Talk Mock Draft SELECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
I dont think Matthews is on the radar with LT Menelik Watson and RT Austin Howard (15 million guaranteed) as the bookends. And I dont know if Clowney was at the top of their needs list with Woodley, Antonio Smith and Justin Tuck all signing.

I think WR Watkins, LB Barr, LB Mack, LB Mosley, CB Gilbert, and maybe QB Manziel.

I would probably take Gilbert or Watkins for them. They gots tha speed.
Watson has been battling leg injuries since he got drafted and only played in 5 games last year. He was set to play RT this year, but is now slotted in at LT because of the botched Saffold signing. I could see them taking Watkins because he's probably BPA, but QB and OL are definitely their biggest needs on offense. They did let their best OL walk though so who knows.

As for Clowney, they have been linked to him forever and he would likely be their BPA if he was available. Of the 3 DE's they signed, only 1 is younger than 30 so I don't think that's a deterrent to drafting Clowney. I don't see them taking Gilbert because they just signed Tarrell Brown and drafted a CB in the 1st last year. Mack is a possibility although unlikely. Too early for Mosley.

I guess if I'm choosing for them I'm choosing between Manziel, Matthews, and Watkins. JMO.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote