View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014   #93
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30535 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Are we rebuilding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Cap Hell
  1. $15.6M . Andre Johnson
  2. $14.4M . Matt Schaub
  3. $11.2M . Johnathan Joseph
  4. $8.50M . Duane Brown
  5. $8.50M . Arian Foster
  6. $7.00M . Chris Myers
  7. $6.00M . Danieal Manning
  8. $5.30M . Brian Cushing
  9. $4.30M . Kareem Jackson
  10. $3.60M . Jj Watt
$84.4M for ten players. That's why we're in cap hell. We've got good players & we pay them like they're good players. We may not like them any more, but at one time... We think/thought Andre was/is the best WR in the league. We believe(d) Duane Brown was/is among the best LTs in the league. At one time, we thought it was imperative that we lock Cushing up long term. We were ecstatic when Rick Smith reached out into FA & plucked Jjo & DMann off the market.

... & we want to make Jj Watt the highest paid defensive player in the league.

We've got $49M (or so) to sign the other 43 players that make up the roster.
So you mean our problem is we have too many good players .

I don`t really think that too many of these contracts are bad. Schaubs is obviously, JoJos might, if he can`t get back to form (but not nearly as bad as Schaub), Foster has health issues, other than that the contract is fair. Myers and Manning we`ll have to wait and see how they do under BoB. IŽd do the other contracts in a hardbeat.

I don`t think it is wrong to have 10 players taking up close to 2/3ds of our salary. The problem is these players underperforming or being injured and other players not being adequate at least. I actually believe that most teams have a similar salary structure (with a couple of big time players taking up most of the salary cap, and the rest of the team are players on their rookie salary and cheap signings).

If we`d have at least a mediocre RT last season and the Schaub from 2 seasons ago, I really believe we would`ve been a playoff team (and even one that could make the superbowl with a little luck).
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote