View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014   #92
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 72899 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish
Default Re: Are we rebuilding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn2oo8 View Post
What happened when the running game wasn't working? Who was open then? It was amazing how the line went from protecting Schaub to not protecting Keenum. Kubiak could not adjust, or did not to when they blitzed Keenum, which made them predictable. First play of every single game was playaction, don't tell me that the offense wasn't predictable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
The same people.

It's amazing because it didn't happen. The difference was Schaub was better at seeing the D and getting rid of the ball.

Well since not even close to the first play of every game was playaction apparently the playcalling wasn't predictable even with hindsight. The #2 GM in the league, #1 actual GM since they stuck Belichick in #1 just disagreed with you and hired Kubiak who had other suitors as well. The league disagrees with you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number19 View Post
Are these numbers for the whole season? I would like to see the numbers for just the last four games of the season - the last two games started by Keenum and the final two games of the season started by Schaub.

Keenum's last games was when I asked myself the question, why wasn't Keenum operating out of the shotgun more to counter the blitz; this was also when I had the thought that it seemed Keenum was playing a different game from his earlier ones.

And when Schaub started the final two games was when I thought I noticed he was operating almost exclusively from the shotgun. Certainly this was true for the several consecutive series when this thought hit me.

(edit) It just now occurred to me that these four games were after Kubiak was fired. I wish I had recorded these games.
Texans Opening Drive First Snaps 2013

Hou v SD (Schaub)
Pass Left (Tipped at line and Intercepted)

TENN v HOU (Schaub)
Hand off Foster Left side (10 Yard Gain)

HOU v BAL (Schaub)
Play Action pass to flat (OD Tackled for loss)

SEA v HOU (Schaub)
Hand Off Foster right side (1 yard gain)

HOU v SF (Schaub)
Hand off Tate left side (1 yard loss)

STL v HOU (Schaub)
Hand off Foster right side (18 yard gain)

HOU v KC (Keenum)
Play Action pass deep left to Graham (Dropped Ball - Incomplete)

IND v HOU (Keenum)
Pass from Pistol over middle to Foster (Incomplete)

HOU v AZ (Keenum)
Pass attempt from pistol (Strip/Fumble returned for AZ TD)

OAK v HOU (Keenum)
Play Action pass from pistol to flat (Johnson 3 yard loss)

JAC v HOU (Keenum)
Toss right to Tate (3 yard loss +15 yards penalty)

NE v HOU (Keenum)
Hand off tate left side (6 yard gain)

HOU v JAC (Keenum)
Hand off from pistol to tate middle (3 yard gain)

HOU v IND (Keenum)
Hand off tate right side (4 yard gain)

DEN v HOU (Schaub)
Hand off D. Johnson left side (4 yard gain)

HOU v TEN (Schaub)
Play action pass left to Johnson (5 yard gain)

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote