View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014   #158
Texan in Japan
All Pro

Rep Power: 8212 Texan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who would be your #1 choice?

I like Robinson, Clowney and Watkins. I believe all three will be difference makers. Next tier is Mack, Matthews, Evans and Donald. If we can trade down and get any of those 7 and extra picks then I'd be ecstatic.

We need impact players and I'm not feeling any of the QBs in the top 10 picks. While we don't really need a WR and some are saying why are you pimping Aaron Donald for the Texans, I actually like him as an OLB (call me insane)...I believe we have to take the best football player available when we pick.

Bortles has the measurables, but I just didn't see a guy I would take at 1-1 in the bowl game or any other film. TB is OK, but I'm not seeing him at #1, maybe in the 10-20 range. Johnny Manziel I love, but I can't see him at 1-1. If we trade back twice and end in the 8-12 range, he would bring a lot of excitement, passion and swagger to our offense...all things we need. I'm just not sure he's Bob's kinda QB.

The safe pick is probably Robinson, put him a RT now and groom him to replace Brown eventually. Clowney could be a Willie McG kind of player in a Pat's defense. It would be fun to see Vrabel and Kollar fight to see who gets him. Watkins is electric and adding him to our current WRs would make us very potent. He becomes AJ replacement down the road.

Texan, back in Texas!
Texan in Japan is offline   Reply With Quote