View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014   #90
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Are we rebuilding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
What I remember hearing at the time of Kubiak's firing was that one of the big things Smith wanted more power over was the draft. One of the big things I remember hearing (although I don't recall where I read it) was Smith doing a "See, I told you so" about the WRs that were drafted two years ago. Smith didn't want Posey, he wanted TY Hilton and he got over-ruled.

Now. I believe that McNair was there in the war room and in the meeting rooms prior to the draft. I think he knows which guys Smith wanted to draft vs. the guys that Kubiak and the other coaches wanted to take.

His keeping Smith might be a way of saying that we would have had a better team if Smith had more control in the draft. I don't know.

When it comes to free agency this year, my brain keeps telling me that we're playing it smart and that we'll find some guys that are going to fill some of these holes and that they're going to be guys that OB and RAC like. But my heart is getting pounded right now. I want to see us do something. I want to see us pull some rabbits out of some hats and start to put together a team that can make it to the play-offs and do some damage.
Remember when we drafted back and got Duane Brown? Remember the story Kubiak himself told that Rick Smith had one more trade back option and Kubiak yelled at him not to take it for fear they might miss Brown? If Smith was in control of the draft and all personnel moves then how does Kubiak have the power to veto a draft day move that would get the team an additional draft pick??

It's well understood how much of a control freak Kubiak is on game day; what makes you think draft day would be different?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote