View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014   #75
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33797 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ben Tate has cleaned out his locker

Quote:
Originally Posted by _King_ View Post
Tate played through injury for him. Not us.
Absolutely. That is why I view him as a selfish guy. He was obviously not healthy enough to play at the type of level he needed to. There was one game against the Jaguars when he had seven carries for one yard.

You and I might have been able to carry the rock one time and lunged forward for a couple yards in that game against the hapless Jaguars, but somehow Ben Tate and his broken ribs made the kitty kats defense look like a group of All Pros.

Some of the younger backs the Texans could have called up from the practice squad and gotten a better look at late in the season. I know Dennis Johnson out of Arkansas had some nice runs and was on the team playing hard. I wanted to see more of Ray Graham as well. I'd have shut Ben Tate down. PERIOD. There was no reason for him to play with bad ribs.

On a 2-14 team that ended the season with 14 losses in a row. We needed healthy players. Not some dude calling our fan base wishy washy and playing with broken ribs. Ben Tate was part of the problem and not part of the solution.