View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014   #88
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Are we rebuilding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
That's nowhere near the truth .... McNair really believed this team was better than it is and that's why Smith kept his job. Its not. I bet in hindsight , he'd have fired them both.
This team is an absolute disaster at a multitude of positions , with the most important position (QB) being one of them ..... and Rick is responsible for that contract , tho I do give him credit for making it easy to walk away from this season or beyond.

After last years draft (among the many other draft mistakes), I'm afraid to give him another draft to screw up .... After Swearinger & Hopkins , no one contributed sh!t.
McNair is in the draft room every draft and knows how the decision making goes. He knows who had the final say on each pick. And he fired those he thought responsible, the coaches.

Now if you say that makes Smith little more than a figurehead who does contracts and tries to make some draft day trades. No argument from me.

Edit: as for the rest of your post, that just shows we ARE rebuilding. I don't disagree with that either.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote