View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014   #87
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Are we rebuilding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
What I remember hearing at the time of Kubiak's firing was that one of the big things Smith wanted more power over was the draft. One of the big things I remember hearing (although I don't recall where I read it) was Smith doing a "See, I told you so" about the WRs that were drafted two years ago. Smith didn't want Posey, he wanted TY Hilton and he got over-ruled.

Don't believe everything you hear ....

Quote:
When it comes to free agency this year, my brain keeps telling me that we're playing it smart and that we'll find some guys that are going to fill some of these holes and that they're going to be guys that OB and RAC like. But my heart is getting pounded right now. I want to see us do something. I want to see us pull some rabbits out of some hats and start to put together a team that can make it to the play-offs and do some damage.
Forget about it , you may as well resign yourself to the fact that this is a rebuilding year.

Unless they somehow pull a veteran starting QB out of their hats , this team isn't contending this season and I don't find that to be very likely at all.

Then you have a dozen other holes to fill .... because of the cap issues & hole at QB , its kinda silly to spend a lot of $$ on FA's. Before you start spending on high priced FA's , you need to be closer to your goals.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote