View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014   #83
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185617 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Are we rebuilding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Maybe I phrased it poorly but that's exactly what I meant. There would have been a definite advantage to hiring a new GM if he had previously worked with O'Brien to know what sort of players he (O'Brien) liked. My guess is that there wasn't a guy with that background available when they were looking. So Rick Smith got to stay.
That's nowhere near the truth .... McNair really believed this team was better than it is and that's why Smith kept his job. Its not. I bet in hindsight , he'd have fired them both.
This team is an absolute disaster at a multitude of positions , with the most important position (QB) being one of them ..... and Rick is responsible for that contract , tho I do give him credit for making it easy to walk away from this season or beyond.

After last years draft (among the many other draft mistakes), I'm afraid to give him another draft to screw up .... After Swearinger & Hopkins , no one contributed sh!t.

The 2012 team got by on the strength of their veteran stars with a little help from the rest of the roster , this past season those veteran stars couldn't do enough to overcome the weaknesses throughout the rest of the roster.

QB - broken & bad
RG - wet behind the ears with potential.
RT - Pathetic
LG - Washed up
RB - Injured , injured and who the hell is blocking anyway ?!
TE - Injuries.

DT - Sub par & ill suited for a 34
OLB - Disappointing on both sides
ILB - Injuries & Joe Mays ?!
CB - Injured JJo , McCain sucks. K Jax played relatively well.
SS - Injured , I thought Keo played pretty well even if he is limited physically.
FS - Rookie mistakes

Special teams .... One WTF moment after another.

On offense I didn't mention WR , C and LT. On defense , I didn't mention DE , now one of those guys is in Oakland. Count the holes this team needs to fill to be competitive ... and then realize that plugging in a rookie QB pretty much guarantee's we don't sniff the playoffs.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote