View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014   #82
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Are we rebuilding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn2oo8 View Post
What happened when the running game wasn't working? Who was open then? It was amazing how the line went from protecting Schaub to not protecting Keenum. Kubiak could not adjust, or did not to when they blitzed Keenum, which made them predictable. First play of every single game was playaction, don't tell me that the offense wasn't predictable.
You know much of the issue with pass rush , blitzes and pressure was Keenum's fault. He didn't recognize where pressure was coming from pre snap and failed to call proper protection schemes.

The second half of the KC game is a prime example of that - They didn't even technically blitz , they overloaded from one side or the other while the opposite defenders fell into coverage - Something that most solid QB's can exploit with a quick pass .... Keenum got his ass handed to him.

Its easy to blame the coach or the scheme .. but ultimately its the talent on the field that scores TD's & throws INT's.

I'm laughing my ass off at the comments about Obrien's scheme being so "complicated" .... Its no more complex than the one the last coach ran and in fact its not a whole lot different.
In many situations , it is much simpler than what Kubiak operated where receivers had several different routes & combinations of routes to run based off of what specific defenders did on any given play , all while making everything appear identical to any other play from set up to beyond the snap of the ball with play action.

That offense was good enough year before last to be a top 5 in damn near every category ..... with a QB who was very limited physically and playing with injuries.
Blame the coach , not the noodle armed statue of a QB with sh!t for protection ..... or the UDFA QB with sh!t for protection , who couldn't read a defense .... and disregard the results generated with a healthy noodle armed statue of a QB with solid protection. Also forget about the back to back division championships and a playoff win with a 5th round rookie QB. Blame the system ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Hey Rob

Some of that was from supposed leadership.
You know , I hear it from the horses mouth .... not from the made up world of John McLame.

Had a conversation with .... Bob a while back. He really likes Johnny Football.

Quote:
That said, I think there was great men in leadership positions that were not inherently leaders. I wish your relative "all the best" and unfortunately for the Texans he will. He will succeed in his new duties which should be scary for the rest of the AFC!

To be quite honest , I'm glad he's no longer with the Texans .... I just get tired of people blaming the wrong people for failures of specific individuals.

Quote:
As an aside Rob, I would like to have dinner with you, Chris et al like we did at the seafood restaurant. I had a killer time.

Yeah , we need to do that again soon. Haven't talked to Dave in a while but I'm sure he'd go given notice. I'll make a post in the "No Sports Talk Allowed" section in the next couple days and see if we can set something up .... before Chris runs away to California Texas.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote