View Single Post
Old 08-22-2004   #6
BornOrange
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 BornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVP

The rookies are playing well considering they are rookies. Robinson has played extremely well and Babin has 2 sacks after 2 halves of work. Sure, Babin has lots of room for improvement.....but he is just a rookie. You make a big deal of Robinson giving up a few receptions, but I think he did a tremendous job considering there was no pass rush and the officials were calling every little touch a penalty.

Last week I thought Hollings did a good job except for the fumbles, but I said that at least it was in the preseason when he would have time to correct his mistakes. Even though he was hit in the backfield a few times, he held on tight to the ball. That was a positive.

The Texans played poorly against the Steelers. That is a fact. However, it was only a preseason game. I have faith that the players will correct various mistakes and will play better next time. More importantly, I think the Texans will play better once the regular season starts. They have a two year history of playing poorly in the preseason before coming out of the gates with a convincing victory in the season opener. I am more concerned with how the Texans play against San Diego and if they can follow that hopeful win with another against Detroit.

The end of the world is not around the corner. The sky is not falling.

Put down the Kool-Aid and stop running around like a Chicken Little.
BornOrange is offline   Reply With Quote