View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014   #59
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Are we rebuilding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I'd rather create a long term plan rather than go all in on turning a 2-14 team into a playoff team for one year. Let's take out all the garbage and eat all the dead money right now so we don't have to worry about it later.

I don't expect much this season. I expect an improved product but not a playoff team. Year two I have expectations.
I agree. I'm not saying go all in FA, but I have real concerns about the history of this organization and developing talent and keeping it in house. I do hope a lot that this staff does a much better job of it. If the FO really wants to build through the draft, gotta get better at the draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn2oo8 View Post
Some of you pessimistic people make me laugh. So far, they let go of Mitchell, Sharpton, Daniels, Smith, McCain. They got rid of more negatives than positives, as Sharpton, McCain, and Mitchell were all useless. Smith can be replaced, as can Daniels, he is no longer the pro bowl TE we all once knew. It was time for younger talent, and they need to be able to draft instead of going out and make a signing they probably will regret (See. Ed Reed. )
Either way you slice it, Mitchell was a start, Smith was a quality starter, McCain was the Nickelback, Daniel was a productive starter, Sharpton saw significant playing time. You might not think too highly, but that's production the team currently doesn't really have on roster to replace.

Reed was a gamble, but the FO had it right in terms of a vet who they felt like might he the missing piece on what felt like a team close to getting over the hump. That's what you're supposed to do.

Not saying we should be going on a TB spending spree or toss out large money deals. But, there's been some quiet signings that would've made sense. McFadden went back to Oakland on A cheap deal, with Rate all but gone value deal there. B.S. Taking went back to GB on a one year deal. Hicks took a one year flyer to go to Indy. I'm just saying these are the kind of deals that bridge time for the draftees to develop.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote